Help with Constant Fatigue & Tiredness
Tiredness and fatigue are almost at epidemic proportions in western society. Why is this? Fast-paced lives, stress caused by work, finances and relationships, bad food choices, over-indulgence in caffeine and alcohol, lack of exercise, a polluted environment – the list is endless. However, many people learn to live with their exhaustion and just say they are “always tired”.
Common Causes of Tiredness & Fatigue
If you are constantly fatigued, it may be worth reviewing the potential causes which you may be able to correct yourself. These could include:
- Anemia can cause exhaustion, especially in women who are menstruating. The blood loss can deplete red blood cells which carry oxygen to tissues and organs. Taking an iron supplement can help to improve the condition.
- Hypothyroidism is the term used to describe the thyroid gland when it is under-active. This condition can lead to a feeling of constant fatigue and unexplained weight-gain. A blood test can show the functioning of the thyroid, and specific supplements can help to regulate the thyroid function.
- Sleep apnea is an almost “hidden” condition because most people who have it are unaware they do. Sleep apnea briefly stops a person breathing during sleep and causes sleep disturbance, which in turn leads to tiredness during the day. Very common in overweight people, sleep apnea can be remedied with a CPAP device to keep the airways open during sleep.
- Insufficient sleep can lead to a feeling of constant fatigue. Electronic devices are known to prevent restful sleep, so they should be kept out of the bedroom. These include computers, cellphones and televisions.
- Food allergies can cause tiredness. Many people think that allergies just manifest as itching or hives but if you notice that you are sleepy after eating certain foods, it may be because you have an intolerance to them. Try keeping a food diary to see if there is a common pattern between certain foods and drowsiness.
- A poor diet can result in constant fatigue. It is all too common for people to skip meals because they are on the go and then grab some high carb fast-food because they are very hungry. This way of eating causes blood sugar to peak and then drop, resulting in exhaustion at certain times of the day. Eating three meals a day (always including a form of protein) will help to regulate blood sugar and reduce tiredness.
- Dehydration is another cause of constant fatigue as lack of water in the body prevents oxygen and nutrients being carried to the cells. Drinking water throughout the day is the best way to hydrate the body, and for some variety, healthy alternatives to water are low-sugar coconut water and non-caffeinated herbal teas.
Could it be Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?
If you have tried to remedy the reasons for your constant fatigue but you still feel exhausted, it is probably time to consult a doctor. Could you have chronic fatigue syndrome?
The reasons for always feeling tired can be many and varied. The root cause could be a thyroid issue such as hypothyroidism, it could be the result of an undetected debilitating disease such as Lyme disease or it could be another condition which has constant fatigue as a symptom, such as fibromyalgia, adrenal fatigue and Epstein-Barr virus. For this reason, it is important to have the correct testing to establish which condition is the cause of the extreme fatigue.
At LifeWorks Wellness Center, when a patient presents with constant fatigue they will be evaluated to determine the subtle imbalances which may be causing the issues. A functional evaluation will be performed by the practitioner, to help to determine cause(s) of the exhaustion. Some of the conditions that may be checked include adrenal fatigue, thyroid issues, chronic virus, thyroid issues, and even dysfunction at the cellular level where the “energy” that runs the body is produced.
If chronic fatigue is diagnosed, a personalized treatment program will be written for the patient, since the causes of chronic fatigue are very varied and no one plan will remedy all.
Natural Solutions to Tiredness & Exhaustion
LifeWorks Wellness Center is recognized as a top health clinics in the US.
OurTampa Bay, Florida alternative medicine practice is renowned for offering the latest in cutting edge treatments for tiredness, exhaustion & chronic fatigue syndrome.
Since so few clinics offer safe & effective, all natural treatments for tiredness, exhaustion & chronic fatigue our clinic routinely sees patients who come in from all parts of the world, seeking real answers to their health care concerns.
We have helped many patients overcome difficult health conditions and resume an active & energetic life once again and would love to help you too.