LifeWorks Wellness Center Blog
Optimum Health Report #304
In this Edition:
- LDL Cholesterol
- Alzheimer's and Dementia Summit
- Dr. Springer on Weight Gain
- Cardiovascular Disease
LDL cholesterol is not bad, it’s good.
This is the result of a 68,000 patient study published in the British Medical Journal. All you had been told about keep your LDL below 100 is junk non-science and lies to put you a on statin drugs which damage your health.
LDL-Cholesterol, often called “bad” cholesterol has been the heart disease boogey man for three quarters of a century. It is the basis for the multi-billion dollar statin industry. A new study in the prestigious British Medical Journal not only calls this into question but completely turns the tables, asserting that high LDL cholesterol is protective, and that the lipid hypothesis is bunk. For the details, click on the link below.
I have been routinely taking people off of statins at their first visit as I knew they were dangerous and did not help people. This study finally proves this out. You don’t need your statin and in fact it is hurting you.
The most misunderstood, cruelest and costly of all diseases…
Are you concerned about brain health? Or, of one day not recognizing your closest friend? If so, or if you care about friends and family members dealing with poor brain function, don’t miss The Alzheimer’s and Dementia Summit. Brain disorders, including memory loss, are fast becoming the single biggest health problem in the world.
This event represents a unique opportunity to discover how to prevent, slow down and even reverse the symptoms of Alzheimer’s and dementia. Join us to find out what you can, and should do, before memory loss is irreversible– because taking action now is the key to protecting your brain health and overall wellbeing!
Did you know?
- Every 3 seconds someone gets diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or dementia
- Dementia starts in the brain 30 to 50 years before symptoms appea
- Alzheimer’s disease is the 6th leading cause of death
- The average burden on families dealing with late-stage dementia is $300,000
- 46+ million people are losing their minds (this will double every 20 years)
- The “silent epidemic” of early-onset dementia is on the rise
The 2016 Alzheimer’s & Dementia Summit is online and free from July 25 – August 1, 2016!
I’ll see you at the summit!
Have you heard about the movie Vaxxed?
Watch this from Thrive Movement to get the story behind the scenes.
Ask Dr. Springer
This week's question: "I came to see you many years ago and you really helped me to lose weight. Now my daughter has a weight problem. Could she possibly have the same issues as me?"
Did you know:
- Seventy million people in the USA have heart disease?
- Heart disease is the chief cause of death among American women of all ages?
- Deaths from cancer in the USA are half as common as death from cardiovascular disease?
- You are at a much greater risk of heart disease if you have high cholesterol, high blood pressure, a weight problem, smoke, have diabetes or a family history of heart disease?
Women are known more for their "heart": a lover's warm heart, a mother's love, a wife's loving care of her husband, a daughter's love and care for her parents. But today a woman's heart may also carry a lethal bullet for her.
Did you know that nearly twice as many women in the United States die of heart disease and stroke as from all forms of cancer, including breast cancer? Heart disease is America's number one killer, and that statistic is no different in Tampa Bay.
Here's some more startling statistics:
- 60% of women erroneously listed cancer as the leading cause of death among women. Deaths from cardiovascular disease are twice as common as deaths from cancer in the USA.
- Studies show the most common time for a heart attack to occur is Monday morning. Saturday morning ranks second. Another common time is during the early morning hours, when blood platelets are stickier.
- What's more astounding is that 50 percent of men and 64 percent of women who die from heart disease experience no previous symptoms of it
These statistics are staggering and like affairs of the heart, health problems of the heart can be very complex and are often unexpected.
Many ask, "What is a heart attack?" Simply, a heart attack is damage to the heart muscle due to loss of blood supply, usually caused by a complete blockage of an artery that supplies blood to the heart muscle.
Dr. Springer Hosts Free Seminar At Nature's Food Patch
The Amazing Liver – Don’t Leave Home Without It
Thursday, July 21, @ 6:30pm
Summary: Many people know that the liver has a role in detoxification and it can be damaged by alcohol, but it actually performs around 500 functions. Dr. Springer will explain how the liver works, what stresses it and how to be nice to your liver.
Location: Patch Works Community Room is located next to Nature's Food Patch at 1225 Cleveland St, Clearwater. Please come early as seating is limited.
*Disclaimer: Individual patient results may vary based on a patient's medical history and other factors.