Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a condition of prolonged and severe tiredness or weariness (fatigue) that is not relieved by rest and is not directly caused by other conditions.
Symptoms of CFS are similar to those of most common viral infections ie. muscle aches, headache, and fatigue. They come on within a few hours or days and may last for 6 months or more.
Chronic Fatigue Main Symptoms
- A new onset of unexplained, persistent fatigue or tiredness, unrelated to exertion and not relieved by bed rest, that causes a significant reduction in previous activity levels.
- Fatigue that is severe enough to restrict activity
Other Symptoms – (4 or more lasting 6 months or longer)
- Post-exertional fatigue, where physical or mental exertions bring on extreme, prolonged exhaustion
- Un-refreshing sleep
- Impaired memory or concentration
- Headaches, different from previous headaches in quality, severity, or pattern
- Joint pain, often moving from joint to joint, without joint swelling or redness
- Lymph node tenderness in the neck or armpit
- Mild fever (101º F or less)
- Muscle aches (myalgias)
- Muscle weakness, all over or multiple locations, not explained by any known disorder
- Sore throat
How We Treat CFS At LifeWorks
We have treated many Tampa Bay residents with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome at our Clearwater clinic. The key is to find the underlying toxic influence that has disabled the body’s energy producing systems. This is usually a combination of a viral infection, toxin load of heavy metals or chemicals, and an unhealthy digestive system. Malnutrition is also looked for and is very common with deficiencies of magnesium, iodine, Vitamin D, nearly always present. We actually specialize in these difficult cases.
If you can relate to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, we’d love to assist you at our Clearwater clinic. For more information call us at 727 466 6789.