Many people hear about the dangers of ozone to humans due to car exhaust, gasoline vapors and other environmental pollutants. However, did you know that ozone therapy is extremely beneficial when medically administered? Let’s examine how ozone therapy works.
Ozone therapy works by increasing the amount of oxygen in the body. Oxygen is a safe, natural detoxifier and cleanser and has been shown to have antiviral, antibiotic, antifungal, antiparasitic and antimicrobial activity. Every cell in the body needs adequate amounts of oxygen for proper detoxification, respiration and metabolism.
Today atmospheric oxygen levels are lower than they were thousands of years ago, leaving our bodies struggling to perform these vital functions. Compounding matters, our environment is getting progressively more polluted and toxic, placing an even greater demand on the body’s requirement for oxygen. These two factors set the stage for any numbers of diseases.
What Does Ozone Do in the Body?
Once introduced into the body, ozone does 5 main things:
- It’s a natural detoxifier. Just like ozone is used in water purification, air purification, and swimming pools to keep them clean, it can also do the same in your body. It is able to bind with toxins because it has an extra negative ion charge. Since most of the toxins in the environment and heavy metals have a positive charge, the ozone binds with them and neutralizes them into something that can no longer negatively affect our bodies, and then the body is able to remove them.
- It’s a natural antiviral, antibiotic, antifungal, and antiparasitic. When ozone comes into contact with these organisms they explode and die. Ozone is about 4,500 times more powerful at killing these organisms as is chlorine bleach, and of course chlorine is very toxic to the body, whereas ozone is not.
- It’s a natural immune system booster. Just like the immune system produces its own ozone to defend and heal the body, the introduction of medical ozone into the body helps the immune system defend you better.
- It resets the mitochondria. The mitochondria are the organelles inside the cells that produce energy. Ozone allows them to reset and make more energy and this often leads to a decrease in fat.
- Improves the condition of the blood. Ozone therapy helps blood cells to function properly, improves cell motility, cleans the blood, improves circulation and cellular metabolism and tends to decrease uric acid in the body.
Ozone Therapy Has Broad Applications
Ozone therapy is a safe, effective treatment for a number of ailments including the following as well as most any condition you could think of:
How Will Ozone Therapy Work For You?
If you have one of the conditions listed above or some other chronic health condition, it’s possible that ozone therapy could be beneficial and help you recover. Many health conditions respond favorably to ozone therapy, helping the body to fend off stubborn bacteria, viruses, parasites, fungi and molds. It also helps the body to rapidly detoxify and sets the stage for a patient’s body to be able to recover, given proper nutrition and a healthy diet.
We use many different ozone therapy techniques at LifeWorks Wellness Center to introduce ozone into the body, depending on the desired result.
If you would like to know more about how ozone therapy works and about treatment options, give us a call at 727-466-6789 or submit an online inquiry. We look forward to connecting you with this natural healing option.
*Disclaimer: Individual patient results may vary based on a patient's medical history and other factors.