Why Do Arteries Get Clogged?
Your arteries are subject to wear and tear and injury, like any other part of your body. High blood pressure, diabetes, smoking, and inflammatory conditions can all cause damage to the interior of the arteries.
Chronic inflammation is a primary culprit responsible for irritating and inflaming the inside of your arteries.
Your body responds by repairing and protecting damaged areas with plaque. Plaque is a soft, wax-like, sticky substance made up of cholesterol, fats, calcium, and other material. The purpose of the plaque is to strengthen the area and protect the injured area.
Dr. Minkoff Discusses the Causes of Heart Disease
Chronic Inflammation & Plaque
A common health issue we see in our practice is chronic inflammation. Sometimes patients are aware of it but most times they are not aware they have inflammation.
Blood tests can easily confirm elevated inflammation markers.
Chronic inflammation can cause continual irritation and damage to your arteries. The body patches the injured areas with plaque to repair the damage.
Dr. Minkoff Talks About Inflammation & Heart Disease
Plaque Build-Up & Blood Flow Obstruction
As the plaque builds up in the wall of the artery, it can obstruct blood flow.
This obstruction decreases blood volume, oxygen and nutrients being carried back to the heart. This often produce no symptoms initially.
When the blood volume has been reduced enough, it will lead to chest pain, shortness of breath, high blood pressure and other symptoms. This is called atherosclerosis.
Plaques Can Rupture
With chronic inflammation, these plaques become more delicate. They are not strong and are subject to rupture.
If a plaque ruptures, a clot can form over the area, which can cause a blockage in the artery.
This blockage deprives the heart of blood, oxygen, and the nutrients it needs, causing a part of the heart muscle to die. This is what a heart attack is.
Unclogging Arteries Naturally
Conventional medicine treats these conditions by inserting a stent into the narrowed artery to expand blood volume through the area. Another surgical intervention is bypass surgery, where the clogged artery(s) are bypassed by splicing in a new artery(s) to supply the heart with enough blood flow.
These options are very invasive, risky and according to a 2019 study by Stanford, these procedures show no benefit in heart disease mortality rates!
Underlying Causes of Chronic Inflammation
Since chronic inflammation is closely connected with clogged arteries, it’s the first thing we check for and address. It’s essential to identify the true cause to be able to reverse clogged arteries.
Substances or situations that could trigger chronic inflammation are:
- Chronic infections of the mouth or teeth
- Hidden bacterial or viral infections
- Gut health issues
- Food allergies
- Environmental toxins (pollution, chemicals, poisons, etc.)
- Heavy metals (mercury, lead, arsenic, etc.)
- Mold & fungi
- Pesticides & herbicides
- Overconsumption of highly processed foods
- Cigarette smoke
- Food additives
- Chemicals in cosmetics, housewares, etc.
- and more
Natural Therapies to Reverse Heart Disease
While we are locating and eliminating the sources of inflammation in the body, we are also employing additional holistic therapies to reduce plaque, increase circulation, improve oxygenation, and stimulate the body’s ability to heal and repair itself.
Such treatments options may include one or more of the following
- Eliminating hidden sources of inflammation in the body
- Chelation Therapy – the chelating agent binds with the calcium in fatty deposits (plaques) in your arteries and is thereby able to be eliminated from the body
- Enhanced External Counterpulsation (EECP) – stimulates blood vessel growth, increases circulation & oxygenation, reduces or eliminates chest pain.
- Plaquex Therapy – restores cell membrane integrity and cell membrane function & clear out plaque deposits
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) – HBOT is a proven therapy to increase circulation, improve tissue oxygenation, healing, and repair.
- Ozone Therapy – improves circulation, decreases inflammation, stimulates dilation of blood vessels, and increases oxygenation
- Medically Supervised Accelerated Diet
- Fixing any nutritional deficiencies (vitamins, minerals & fatty acids)
Everyone is Different
When you come to our office with cardiovascular issues such as clogged arteries, we are going to conduct a complete functional evaluation to assess not only your acute condition but your overall health.
This comprehensive exam helps us to understand your health and to locate the underlying cause of your issue.
As a result, the doctor will create a whole-body program to address all the issues found so that your body can heal naturally.
Contact Us for Natural Treatment
The good news is that clogged arteries can be reversed and unclogged naturally.
If you have heart disease or any of its symptoms, you owe it yourself to explore non-invasive therapies that are safe, effective, and all-natural.