A neurological disorder is a disease that involves the central nervous system which includes the brain, spine, and nerves of the body. Neurological disorders can affect the body in many different ways including changes in the ability to walk, think, remember, breathe, swallow, speak, see, learn, and the like. Some disorders affect cognition and behavior more, whereas others have more physical symptoms. Loss of function in these areas can be frightening as well as debilitating.
Often people seek medical attention to find out what can be done about the symptoms they are having. Usually tests are run and medication is prescribed to try to control the symptoms. At LifeWorks Wellness Center we take a different approach to your health. Rather than masking symptoms or trying to minimize them, we seek to find the root cause of the disease and allow the body to heal itself through proper nutrition, various therapies, and knowledge on how to care for the body to reduce stress and other contributing factors.
What Causes Neurological Disorders?
Damage to the brain, spine and central nervous system can be present at birth, or can be acquired. During development in the womb, chromosomal abnormalities, gene abnormalities, metabolic disorders and other factors can be present that inhibit normal development of the fetus. Outside factors can also contribute to damage present at birth including infection, environmental toxins, complications at birth, insufficient nutrition, lack of oxygen to the brain, and other factors.
After birth, human neurological systems can be damaged by autoimmune disorders, exposure to toxins and heavy metals, tumors, chronic stress, malnutrition, infections, traumatic brain or spinal cord injury, and other causes. These factors can lead to the development of neurological disorders.
Examples of Neurological Disorders
There are over 600 neurological disorders identified today. Here is a list of some of the most common:
Treatment for Neurological Disorders
Instead of thinking of neurological disorders as fixed, static conditions, we look at it as a deterioration of multiple bodily systems and functions, which combined create a variety of neurological symptoms.
Systems deteriorate or malfunction over time when the body has been chronically overwhelmed or unable to keep up with normal repair functions, due to some underlying factor (infection, toxicity, pathogen, an autoimmune condition, etc). These hidden factors are sidelining and diverting your body’s available resources and energy into trying to cope with these hidden factors and that sets the stage for a disease process to take hold.
Our approach to neurological disorders is based on locating and treating these hidden underlying factors. This opens the door to more treatment vectors to address and correct, which eliminates these hidden burdens and restores energy, immune and neurological function, thereby releasing the full miraculous healing power of the human body. And that’s why we see so many amazing recoveries using this approach.
Testing We Use to Locate Underlying Causes
We use both conventional and alternative methods to locate these contributory factors. Our testing may include one or more of the following:
- Testing for heavy metal toxicity
- Testing for Lyme disease
- Testing for autoimmune conditions
- Testing for food allergies
- Testing for Leaky Gut Syndrome
- Testing for inflammatory markers
- Nutritional dietary deficiency testing – checks for nutritional deficiencies or abnormalities in neurotransmitters, hormones, macronutrients and micronutrients, minerals, essential fatty acids, and the like.
- CNS neurocognitive test – assesses the neurocognitive status of the patient including motor skills and performance, memory, attention, and executive functioning.
- MRI with volumetrics – assesses neurodegeneration even at the early stages.
- MoCA cognitive assessment – reveals information on cognitive functioning.
- Vascular health assessment – shows symptoms of heart and vascular disease and the status of the patient’s blood circulation and blood pressure
Natural Treatment Options for Neurological Disorders
We believe that patients with neurological disorders can make significant improvements using a holistic approach.
To accomplish this, we use a variety of alternative treatments and therapies based on the findings of the test results.
- Autoimmune Treatment – treatment to restore proper functioning of the immune system so it is not attacking the patient’s own body.
- Repairing Gut Issues – addressing Leaky Gut Syndrome which is a common trigger for autoimmunity and inflammation. In the case of MS, the body can mistakenly attack the myelin sheathing around nerves.
- Addressing Inflammation – test and treat systemic inflammation, infections, gut issues, other causes of inflammation.
- Food Allergy Treatment – food allergies can trigger autoimmune conditions. In the case of MS, the body attacks the myelin sheathing on nerve cells, leading to poor nerve transmission.
- Lyme Disease Resolution – if labs come back positive for Lyme we will treat and rid the body of Lyme.
- Dietary and Nutritional Deficiencies – clearing up nutritional deficiencies, supporting the body with the right nutraceuticals to improve neurological health including macro/micronutrients, minerals, hormones, neurotransmitters, essential fatty acids, etc..
- Intermittent fasting – through intermittent fasting the body is able to take periodic breaks from digestion so the body can focus all its resources on healing.
- Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) Technology – emission of electromagnetic waves to stimulate the body’s own healing properties
- Peptide Therapy – utilizes specific chains of amino acids called peptides to signal cells to turn on or turn off certain functions. This works to help regulate and rejuvenate neuroendocrine-immune function.
- Exosome Therapy – a peptide therapy where cell-derived nanoparticles play a vital role in cell-to-cell communication. They help regulate physiological processes and regenerate older cells.
- Plasmapheresis – separates the plasma from the blood where it is treated and returned back to the body.
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) – delivers pure oxygen to the patient in a pressurized chamber. Has been shown effective for neurological conditions.2
- Vielight NeURO – delivers photons to a light-sensitive enzyme in the mitochondria which is known to trigger self-repair mechanisms in the cells, enhance cognition, and protect cell neurons.
- Celergen – an anti-aging cell therapy supplement that promotes cell renewal and stimulation.
- BrainTap – tapping into specific brainwave states, BrainTap helps to reboot and revitalize the brain, promotes relaxation, and reduces stress on the body and mind.
- BrainHQ – brain training exercises that improve brain health.
- Health Coaching – helps patients keep track of their nutrition, exercise, supplements, and other suggested changes.
Contact Us for Help with Neurological Disorders
We have helped many patients who suffer from neurological disorders find relief and recover their health and we would love to answer any questions you may have about our treatment program.
Dr. David Minkoff, M.D. is a board-certified doctor, practicing medicine since 1974. Patients travel from all over the world to see our specialists and heal naturally.