Heal Your Gut Naturally
Natural gastrointestinal treatment doctors know that gut health issues are often the common denominator involved in many other health conditions. This is why they will always check for issues with the gut and heal them as needed. Sometimes they are a primary complaint and other times they are the hidden, underlying cause for other chronic conditions.
We offer powerful all-natural treatments for:
- Crohn’s Disease
- Gluten Sensitivity & Celiac disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Leaky Gut Syndrome
- Peptic Ulcer Disease (PUD)
- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Our GI Doctors Will Heal your Gut Issues Naturally
For almost 30 years our gastrointestinal treatment doctors have offered effective all-natural gastrointestinal treatment in Tampa for all the common ailments of the gut and digestive tract.
Our GI doctors take a different approach, by locating and treating the underlying causes as opposed to merely masking the symptoms. Get proper gastrointestinal treatment in Tampa at LifeWorks Wellness Center.
Why So Many Patients Suffer from Gastrointestinal Issues?
Gastrointestinal disorders are particularly common in the western world. They can, in part, be attributed to the poor diet which millions of people follow. Too heavy in meat, dairy, wheat, starch, sugar, preservatives and additives, and low in fiber.
A poor diet can lead to irritation and inflammation which are precursors to gastrointestinal disorders.
Overuse of antibiotics is not recommended by tummy doctors in Tampa because it can allow bad bacteria to grow in the intestine which can lead to dysfunction. Similarly, toxins in foods can play a role. The prevalence of heavy metals in our environment is a factor. Heavy reliance on laxatives can cause the bowel muscles to weaken.
Autoimmune diseases have been shown to directly related to many gut issues. Conditions like Crohn’s disease or any immune system dysfunction can leave the GI tract vulnerable to parasites, toxins, and antigens which can disrupt its normal functioning.
Friday: 9:00am – 4pm
Clearwater, FL 33756
Become A Patient
Gut Healing Testimonials
Leaky Gut Syndrome*
Video: Gastrointestinal Issues
Chronic Fatigue/Digestive Issues*
Remarkable Journey and Such Remarkable Results*
Karen’s Gastrointestinal Success*
Deb’s Mold Testimonial*
No More Belly Pain!*
Overcoming Chronic Health Challenges*
Gastrointestinal Success Testimonial
Rozone Restored My Gut To Normal*
Fewer Crohn’s Symptoms with Rozone*
Persistent Digestion Issues Handled without Meds!
Living with Lyme Disease for Over 10 Years!
We Prefer Non-Invasive Procedures
Most conventional doctors start with invasive and sometimes unnecessary tests and procedures as the very first action. These procedures include
- colonoscopy – inserting a lighted scope into either the patient’s rectum
- flexible sigmoidoscopy
- upper GI endoscopy
- endoscopic ultrasound
- liver biopsies
We Offer a Gentler More Natural Approach
You’ll have a different experience when you come for gastrointestinal treatment in Tampa Bay at LifeWorks.
Your range of symptoms will be evaluated. Not just the obvious ones such as bloating, constipation, diarrhea, and cramps. Other symptoms such as fatigue, allergies, candida, and so on can also indicate tummy health issues.
Then, one of our gastrointestinal treatment doctors will perform a functional evaluation to assess the functioning of each organ that may be potentially contributing to the symptoms.
Then a nutritional evaluation will be performed. This helps determine if nutritional deficiencies play a part in your condition.
Finding the Cause of Your Gut Issues
We will look for the underlying cause of your gut health issues. We do this with non-invasive gut tests and diagnostics such as:
A functional stool test may also be ordered to evaluate the physiology of the gastrointestinal tract.
- We will look for any inflammation in the gut.
- We will evaluate enzyme activity in the pancreas.
- We will determine if there is any bacterial overgrowth.
- We will look for any intestinal parasites.
- We will check the immune status in the gut.
- We will evaluate the health of the gut microbiome.
- and more!
How to Heal Your Gut Naturally
Every person’s situation is slightly different and gut issues tend to be multifactorial, setting off a “chain reaction” throughout the body, not only disrupting the gut but impacting other systems and organs of the body.
For this reason it is important that we handles all factors contributing to the condition to ensure the body begins to heal properly.
Your gastrointestinal treatment plan is based on what was discovered as the underlying cause(s) and trigger(s). This can include:
- balancing the gut microbiome
- antifungals to kill off mold & yeast overgrowths
- killing off any microbial overgrowths
- calming an overactive immune system
- healing the gut lining
- food allergy elimination
- enzymes to help digestions
- prebiotics & probiotics to re-innoculate the gut
- boosting mitochondrial function, to optimize healing
- temporary or more permanent dietary modifications
- high quality targeted supplements to give the gut the raw materials to heal
- iv therapies to speed healing
- thermal heat treatments
- ozone therapy to speed the kill off of any bad bugs, microbes, etc.
- treating and healing an autoimmunity
- resolving any hidden infections, etc. that would have triggered the autoimmunity
- detoxifying any heavy metals, toxins, or chemicals
- HBOT (hyperbaric oxygen therapy) to speed healing
- PEMF to speed healing
Resolve Your Gut Issues & Get Healthy
LifeWorks Wellness Center is long recognized as one of the foremost natural health clinics in the US.
We have been offering natural gut and gastrointestinal treatment in Tampa for almost 3 decades.
Our GI doctor commonly resolves gut issues that were not able to be resolved anywhere else.
We have patients fly in from all over the world because they simply haven’t been able to achieve a resolution anywhere else.
Belly and tummy issues are regularly resolved, using a gentle, non-invasive, all-natural approach.
Make a Gut Health Appointment Today!
For almost 30 years, we have been successfully treating and healing all chronic gut health issues naturally, so patients can get back to living.
Contact us to find out how our powerful, all-natural approach can change your life.
Friday: 8:45am – 4pm
Clearwater, FL 33756
Become A Patient
Learn Even More About Gastrointestinal Disorders
Gastrointestinal treatment prescribed by our tummy doctors in Tampa is always tailored to the specific disorder diagnosed.
The most common gastrointestinal disorders include:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) – occurs when the lining of the bowel becomes inflamed or damaged, causing diarrhea, abdominal pain and sometimes bleeding. Also known as spastic colon, IBS seems to be linked with food allergies, bacterial or yeast overgrowth, or nutritional deficiencies. Your gastrointestinal treatment doctor will look for specific symptoms.
- Crohn’s Disease – widely believed to be an autoimmune disease, which means the body’s immune system is literally attacking itself, in this case the GI tract. Cells invade the intestines and produce inflammation which results in ulceration and thickening of the intestinal wall, which in turn leads to painful cramps.
- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO) – SIBO is a condition whereby an abnormally high level of bacteria is located in the small intestine. SIBO is a common cause of chronic diarrhea, malabsorption and nutritional deficiencies. Patients with SIBO may suffer from unintended weight loss, nutritional deficiencies, and osteoporosis. Our tummy doctors in Tampa will diagnose and treat SIBO rapidly using natural remedies.
- Ulcerative Colitis – like Crohn’s, this is identified as an autoimmune disease in which the lining of the colon becomes inflamed and develops tiny open sores, or ulcers, that produce pus and mucous. This can lead to cramps and diarrhea. Your gastrointestinal treatment doctor may recommend several categories of drugs for treating ulcerative colitis.
- GERD – is the popular name for Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. This is often caused by the action of a spiral-shaped bacterium called Helicobacter Pylori which uses its whip-like tail to burrow into the stomach or intestinal walls, causing discomfort. However, there are other additional common causes of GERD. Our experienced gastrointestinal treatment doctor can diagnose and efficiently treat GERD using alternative methods.
- Celiac Disease – is another autoimmune disease which can occur in genetically predisposed people where the ingestion of gluten (a protein found in wheat, rye and barley) leads to damage in the small intestine and means that nutrients cannot be properly absorbed.
- Leaky Gut – (also known as Increased Intestinal Permeability) When the intestinal lining becomes inflamed due to over-use of antibiotics or anti-inflammatory drugs, the structure of the lining can become damaged and gaps appear between the cells. This allows large particles and toxins to pass through the intestinal wall and escape into the body. Our gastrointestinal treatment in Tampa can treat leaky gut naturally.
- Diverticulitis – often caused by a low-fiber diet. Without fiber, the colon has to work harder than normal to push the stool forward which can cause pouches to form in weak spots along the colon. Diverticulitis happens when feces get trapped in the pouches, leading to inflammation or infection. Our gastrointestinal treatment Tampa can prescribe several treatment protocols to rapidly heal diverticulitis.
Understanding The Gastrointestinal (or GI) Tract
The Gastrointestinal (or GI) tract actually begins in the mouth and travels all the way down through the body to the anus, running between 25 – 32 feet in length in adults.
From the point at which food is swallowed, it is helped on its passage by a series of muscles that continuously contract, helping the food pass to the stomach and then into the colon.
The GI tract includes
- the oral cavity
- the small intestine
- large intestine
Common Gastrointestinal Conditions & Symptoms
Before a gastrointestinal treatment program is recommended, a gastrointestinal treatment doctor will review with you the symptoms you have been having, your medical history and will perform any tests needed. Below you will find many of the common conditions and their associated symptoms.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Symptoms
IBS is defined as abdominal pain or discomfort, along with a changed bowel habit (such as diarrhea or constipation), for 3 months or more. The abdomen is the same as the “stomach area.”
Our tummy doctors in Tampa know that the symptoms may be different from person to person and can include:
- Sharp stomach pain and cramps
- Stomach gas and bloating
- Alternating diarrhea and constipation
- Mucus in the stool
- Feeling of nausea after eating
Crohn’s Disease Symptoms
The most common areas affected by Crohn’s disease are the last part of the small intestine called the ileum and the colon. Crohn’s disease symptoms can range from mild to severe and may develop gradually or come on suddenly, without warning, and may include:
- Diarrhea, due to excess fluid secreted by the intestine
- Abdominal pain and cramping due to portions of the intestinal wall swelling and thickening with scar tissue
- Blood in the stool caused by food passing through inflamed portions of the bowel
- Ulcers which can grow through the intestinal walls and can cause severe pain
- Reduced appetite and weight loss can be caused by severe cramping which can also prevent digestion and absorption of food
Immediately contact our tummy doctors Tampa if you have any of these symptoms.
Ulcerative Colitis Symptoms
This condition only affects the lining of the colon and no other part of the GI tract, but this does not make the symptoms any less severe than other gastrointestinal disorders. Common symptoms our GI doctor will look for are:
- Loose bowel movements which may become increasingly urgent
- Abdominal pain and blood in the stool
- Bad cramps and rectal pain
- An inability to move the bowel despite the urge to do so
Our doctors will prescribe the best gastrointestinal treatment in Tampa for these symptoms.
Our tummy doctors in Tampa know that the symptoms of GERD are classic stomach ulcer symptoms including:
- A strong burning sensation
- Intense pain in the mid-upper abdomen
- Difficulty staying asleep in the early morning
- Abnormal hunger
Celiac Disease Symptoms
The symptoms of Celiac disease are more varied than those of other gastrointestinal disorders and can affect many parts of the body. They include:
- Bone or joint pain
- Depression or anxiety
- Disruption of the menstrual cycle
- Itchy skin rash
Our tummy doctors in Tampa should see you if you suffer from any of these symptoms.
Leaky Gut Symptoms
As with celiac disease symptoms, leaky gut can affect many areas of the body and symptoms our tummy doctors Tampa will look for may include:
- Stomach gas and bloating
- Seasonal allergies or asthma
- Hormone imbalances
- Diagnosis of an autoimmune disease
- Diagnosis of chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia
- Anxiety or depression
- Skin issues
- Diagnosis of candida
- Food allergies
- And many more
Our tummy doctors in Tampa will help you overcome these symptoms with the right treatment.
Diverticulitis symptoms immediately detected by our tummy doctors tampa may last from a few hours to several days and may include:
- Stomach pain, usually in the left lower side
- Bloating and stomach gas
- Fever and chills
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Nausea and vomiting
- Lack of appetite
Contact LifeWorks Wellness Center to get efficient, all-natural gastrointestinal treatment in Tampa.