Prevent & Reverse Heart Disease
Since 1997, we have been helping patients looking for alternatives to cardio bypass surgery and stent procedures. We see patients who are motivated to make changes and improve their health naturally. They come to LifeWorks looking to take control back of their health.
Conventional treatment for heart disease relies on bypass surgery which can sometimes be ineffective and very costly, not to mention risky and requires a long recovery period. And during bypass surgery, about 5 percent of patients have cardiac arrests or strokes, and about 1-2 percent actually die.
A Natural Approach to Reversing Heart Disease
We take a safer, less invasive, and more natural approach to reversing cardiovascular disease.
Our focus is on addressing the underlying cause of heart disease, which is often linked to inflammation.
The Role of Inflammation in Heart Disease
Chronic inflammation plays a pivotal role in the development of atherosclerosis.
Inflammation is a normal response to dealing with an injury or infection. The immune system ramps up, sending white blood cells to neutralize the foreign invader. This process generates some damage and inflammation, but it is quickly reversed once the threat is eliminated.
But what happens when your body is exposed to a chronic, long-term threat? You end up with continuous inflammation in your body. This inflammation causes damage to your arteries, which then get patched over with plaque. As the inflammation continues, so does the plaque build-up, until there is not enough blood flowing and the heart is starved for oxygen. This can set the stage for a heart attack.
Dr. Minkoff Discusses Causes of Heart Disease
Causes of Chronic Inflammation
There can be many causes of inflammation in the body. And the first step in treating heart disease naturally is to identify and eradicate the cause(s).
Substances or situations that could trigger chronic inflammation are:
- environmental toxins (pollution, chemicals, poisons, etc)
- heavy metals (mercury, lead, arsenic, etc)
- cigarette smoke
- mold & fungi
- pesticides & herbicides
- chronic infections of the mouth or teeth
- hidden bacterial or viral infections
- overconsumption of highly processed foods
- food additives
- chemicals in common cosmetic products, housewares, etc.
- the list goes on and on.
Reversing Heart Disease Naturally
While we are locating and eliminating the sources of inflammation in the body, we are also employing additional holistic therapies to reduce plaque, increase circulation, improve oxygenation, and stimulate the ability of the body to heal and repair itself.
Such treatments options may include one or more of the following
- Eliminating hidden sources of inflammation in the body
- Chelation Therapy – the chelating agent binds with the calcium that’s in fatty deposits (plaques) in your arteries and is thereby able to be eliminated from the body
- Enhanced External Counterpulsation (EECP) – stimulates blood vessel growth, increases circulation & oxygenation, reduces or eliminates chest pain.
- Plaquex Therapy – restores cell membrane integrity and cell membrane function & clear out plaque deposits
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) – HBOT is a proven therapy to increase circulation, improve tissue oxygenation, healing, and repair.
- Ozone Therapy – improves circulation, decreases inflammation, stimulates dilation of blood vessels and increases oxygenation
- Medically Supervised Accelerated Diet
- Fixing any nutritional deficiencies (vitamins, minerals & fatty acids)
Researchers believe chelation therapy is a safer, less expensive, less invasive heart disease treatment option that has shown positive results in improving circulation and blood flow and actually removing plaque from the arteries as well as reducing blood pressure.
According to a study titled TACT (Trial to Assess Chelation Therapy), researchers found an 18% reduction in all types of cardiovascular incidents for those who received chelation therapy with EDTA than those who received a placebo. Interestingly, in the patients with diabetes in the study which made up approximately one-third of participants, there was “a 41 percent overall reduction in the risk of any cardiovascular event; a 40 percent reduction in the risk of death from heart disease non-fatal stroke, or non-fatal heart attack; a 52 percent reduction in recurrent heart attacks; and a 43 percent reduction in death from any cause.”
These findings are significant and this is a therapy we use often at LifeWorks for heart disease.
30 Minute Chelation Treatment Sessions
Chelation therapy sessions only take 30-minutes, allowing busy Tampa Bay patients to easily fit chelation treatments into their schedules.
Patients seeking to improve circulation and prevent the need for surgery may benefit from an evaluation and course of chelation therapy.
Diet & Lifestyle Recommendations
At LifeWorks Wellness Center we believe in a holistic approach to healthcare and treatment for heart disease. Although there are some factors out of our control there are many things we can do to take back control of our health, such as:
- Stop smoking.
- Eat a healthy diet with lots of organic, fresh fruits and vegetables with little to no added sugar.
- Exercise regularly (consult with your doctor)
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Maintain healthy blood pressure and blood cholesterol.
One factor many Americans may not know about is that diets high in sugar increase the risk of heart disease! According to a study published in April 2014 in JAMA Internal Medicine, over a period of 15 years those who took in 25% or more of their daily calories from added sugar were more than twice as likely to die from heart disease as those who ingested 10% or less from added sugar. Therefore the study concluded, “We observed a significant relationship between added sugar consumption and increased risk for CVD mortality.”
Heart Disease Treatment Testimonials
Contact Us for Heart Disease Treatment
If you have heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol or prehypertension, you owe it yourself to explore non-invasive therapies that are safe, effective and all-natural. Taking statins are not neeccessary when there are so many great, natural treatments available.
Heart Disease Videos
Learn More About Heart Disease
Facts & Figures
Did you know that heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the United States? This fact alone is cause to take a look at this disease, understand it, and examine what can be done about it. Here are more facts from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- About 610,000 people die of heart disease in the United States every year–that’s 1 in every 4 deaths.
- Heart disease takes the life of twice as many people as cancer.
- Heart disease is the chief cause of death among American women of all ages.
- About the same number of men and women die each year from heart disease.
- Coronary heart disease (CHD) is the most common type of heart disease, killing over 370,000 people annually.
What is Heart Disease?
Heart disease is a condition in which blood flow is restricted in the arteries so much that it is severely reduced or cut off entirely. Blood flow restriction is caused by a narrowing of the arteries due to the buildup of plaque. Plaque is a combination of cholesterol, fat, and other substances along the walls of the arteries. The process of plaque building up slowly over time is called atherosclerosis.
Eventually, some plaque may break away from the lining of the artery and a blood clot will form around it. The blood clot then blocks blood from flowing through that artery. This starves the heart of oxygen and other nutrients and damages the heart, causing a heart attack. According to The American Heart Association (AHA), someone in the United States has a heart attack about every 40 seconds.
Symptoms of Heart Disease
A shocking fact about heart disease is that there may be no symptoms present at all before a heart attack. This is because as plaque builds up in the arteries, other blood vessels surrounding the arteries that also bring blood to the heart widen to compensate for the lack of blood flow.
- Chest discomfort that shows up in the center of the chest that lasts more than a few minutes. It may also come and go and may feel like squeezing, pain, fullness, or uncomfortable pressure.
- Pain or discomfort in one or both arms.
- Neck or back pain.
- Face or jaw pain.
- Stomach pain that extends down into the abdomen or feels like heartburn.
- Shortness of breath causing you to pant for breath or be unable to take deep breaths.
- Sudden, overwhelming anxiety feeling like you’re having a panic attack for seemingly no apparent reason.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Lightheadedness, getting dizzy and feeling like passing out.
- Breaking out in a cold sweat and feeling like you have clammy skin.
- Heart palpitations which may feel like your heart is beating irregularly or skipping beats. You may also feel like your heart is beating heavily.
- Racing heart.
- Slow heartbeat.
Causes of Heart Disease
Heart disease has a variety of causes including:
- Heart arrhythmia (abnormal heartbeats)
- Congenital heart defects (those you are born with)
- Weak heart muscle (dilated cardiomyopathy)
- Heart infections
- Valvular heart disease
- Family history of heart disease
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Obesity or overweight
- Tobacco smoke
- Physical inactivity
- Obesity or overweight
- Use of estrogens
- Excessive alcohol use