Because what we eat, the supplements we take, and the way we live our lives have such a major effect on our health, a nutritional consultation seeks to find out two things:
Does the body have what it needs to function properly?
- Examples of this might be vitamins, minerals, probiotics, prebiotics, oxygen, rest and relaxation, and the like.
Is the body getting something that is harming it?
- Examples of this might be foods the body is allergic to or sensitive to, too much of a certain vitamin or mineral, heavy metals, too much sugar or processed foods, poor quality water, and foods that contain pesticides, herbicides, additives and hormones.
A nutritional consultation involves a consultation about your diet and lifestyle and an exploration of your health issues. It can include nutritional response testing as well as any blood work and lab testing to help us get a complete picture of your body’s physiology and any deficiencies you may have. In addition we may also conduct food allergy testing to see if the foods you are eating are causing inflammation and stimulating the immune system to attack the body. We may conduct other special testing such as a Meridian Health Analysisto help shed light on any nutritional issues you may have.
Why Have a Nutritional Consultation?
A nutritional consultation will examine what is working for your body and what isn’t. Each individual is unique and may be ingesting something or be deficient in something that is uniquely affecting their health and energy.
Food allergies, sensitivities and deficiencies affect the entire body, from the mitochondria (the energy production units in cells) to the immune system, which fights off disease. In order to keep the body functioning at its best, all these systems need to be working at an optimum level and deficiencies in any one system eventually lead to a breakdown of health and vitality and eventually disease.
When You Need a Nutritional Consultation
- When you’re facing a diagnosed disease or illness
- Hard to define / mystery illness
- Just not feeling yourself
- Fatigue / less energy than expected
- Brain Fog
- Lack of motivation
- Loss of interest in life and living
- Illness healing slowly
- Unresolved health issue
- Mood swings
- Skin conditions
- Joint aches or pains
- High blood pressure
- Allergies / food sensitivities
- Chronic pain
- Preemptively, to be stay healthy
Get an Expert Nutritional Consultation
At our Clearwater clinic we help people achieve their optimum health. Our doctors have decades of experience in all facets of natural health. We work toward putting the body back into harmony. We have an in-depth knowledge of the wide variety of herbs, vitamins, and other supplements that can help you naturally correct problems in your body. Specific lab tests and new approaches to testing can finally reveal what deficiencies you have. Then with the right nutritional support, we can help bring your body back to optimum functioning.
We look forward to working with you to help your body get the nutrients it needs to be in the best health ever!