Ever heard of the dirty dozen? This is the list of the 12 most pesticide laden fruits and vegetables as tested by the Environmental Working Group. This is the go to place to find clean foods and body products. You should avoid eating these foods as much as possible and only eat them if they are certified organic.
The herbicides and pesticides found in high quantities in them are toxic and can cause organ dysfunction and even cancer.
Here is the list of EWG’s Dirty Dozen:
- Sweet Bell Peppers
So avoid these and eat them only when organic. It will improve both your health and your longevity.
Have a good week,
Dr. David I Minkoff, MD
Dr. Minkoff Talks About Pesticides & Toxins
“In 2015, 2 billion tons of the pesticide Glyphosate, that’s Roundup, was dumped on Planet Earth.”
Pesticides & Their Health Dangers
Pesticides are any toxic substances that are used to purposely kill or shorten the life cycle of certain living things that we deem nuisances or pests.
My energy and mental alertness is 100% better!
“I have had head and neck discomfort that aspirin would not take care of. My metal count in my blood was extremely high. After the third chelation treatment my head and neck pain went away. I have now finished my treatments and my energy and my mental alertness is 100% better. I am 60 years young and now feel better than I did when I was 40. Amazing!” -R.A.
Dr. Minkoff Talks About Glyphosate
“Glyphosate is a pesticide that the planet is being overwhelmed with.”
Tips for Detoxification and Reduction of Toxic Exposure
There are many things we can do to help our bodies detoxify and reduce our exposure to toxins in the first place. Here is a list of some ideas:
- Eat a healthy diet full of whole, properly raised foods: grass-fed and naturally raised meats and wild-caught fish, organic fruits and vegetables, and little or no processed foods and refined sugars
- Use natural and organic skin and hair care products
- Build and remodel using eco-friendly materials that have little to no outgassing
- Drink purified or natural spring water
- Consider natural detoxification supplements and elimination diets
- Consider eliminating dairy and grains as these can cause inflammation
- Drink green tea
- Take supplements such as vitamin C and liver support supplements
- Eat foods that help with detoxification such as beets, cabbage, broccoli, artichokes, seaweed, and blue-green algae
- Avoid using plastics, styrofoam, tinfoil, and aluminum and toxic cookware
LifeWorks is happy to announce that we are now accepting CareCredit cards. For many people CareCredit can provide an easier way of financing you and your family’s healthcare needs*. For more information go to carecredit.com
*Subject to credit approval.